The holiday season is one of my favourite times of the year. But don't know know, all that magic means that I am prone to spending way more of my budget than I want!
These few steps will help you not go broke this holiday season!
- Create a Budget
- Set a spending limit on each aspect of Christmas (decorations, tree, food, gifts, etc.)
- Make a List and Check it Twice for all the items you want to purchase for the Holidays
- Add up what you have already spent and deduct from your budget
- Track your spending
- When you hit your target, you have hit your end of spending
- Follow Through
- This is easier said than done
- Make sure you follow through on your spending limits so that January isn’t so hard
- Make a promise to yourself that you will stop when you reached your limit
- Shop Early and Not Often
- Don’t go out if you don’t have a plan
- Without a plan you will spend more than you want
- Shop around as early as you can to ensure you are not emotionally purchasing right before the Holidays
- Stop shopping once you either a) got all you wanted or b) hit your limit
- Shop Around for the Best Deals
- Do research for the best deals before you go out to shop
- The internet is our friend and will tell you where to get the best deals for the items we want
- Use Honey for discounts codes to all your favourite retailers (joinhoney.com/ref/4xzu7w) *referral code!
- Use Swagbucks for online shopping too ---get points to redeem for gift cards (https://www.swagbucks.com/profile/smohlman) *referral code!
- Believe that this year is going to be different
- Know that you are doing your best no matter what happens
- If you believe that this year is going to be different, then it will!
PS Join this amazing group of women who are owning their health and wellness here!